Great for leftovers and a yummy tummy filler for weekends or even a quick “breakfast for dinner” solution! Most recipes call for sitting overnight, I find if you pour the wet ingredients into the bread and toss and leave for 1/2 an hour it’s just as good.
This is a fantastic way to use up veggies/meats in your fridge that need to be used up!
- Toss cubed bread cheese into a bowl. Pour beaten eggs and milk over the top and toss. Leave to sit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute onions and any other ingredients that need cooking (bacon, sausage) and anything you don’t want crunchy. We like our peppers with a bit of crunch and mushrooms it’s a judgement call.
- Toss ingredients in with bread/cheese mix and pour all of it into a 9×9 pan.
- Cook in oven for about an hour.