I have to admit when they mentioned it, my answer was “What’s an Avalon” – I had never heard of it. It turns out, it’s a roomy, accessory-loaded, fabulous car, made for comfort!
Because it’s a hybrid, the gas mileage was impressive, even when we tested it on the winding mountain roads above Durango on the way to Silverton – a gorgeous drive if you get a chance to try it!
I have to admit that when I review cars, my requirements are whether the 4 of us are stuffed to close to breathe, whether my 14 year old has enough leg room and how it performs while driving up winding mountain roads – we LOVE to drive in the mountains and this car was awesome. Oh, and whether there’s a place to put my purse, but I have yet to find a car manufacturer that really has a good spot for it!
Safety features included (I seriously don’t know what some of these are, but figure maybe as parents you care?):
- Star Safety System Includes: VSC, TRAC, ABS, EBO, Brake Assist, and
Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- LATCH(Lwr Anchor & Tethers for Children)
- Anti-Theft System w/ Engine Immobilizer
- Blind Spot Monitor/Rr Cross-Traff Alert
- Safety Connect
Really neat Bells and Whistles (that’s the technical term) included:
- Power TilUSlide Moonroof
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers – this was awesome and we drove through a lot of rain!
- Leather Steering Wheel w/Audio, MID, Bluetooth & Voice Command Controls
- Three-Zone Climate Control w/Air – no fighting over the heat/cold!
- Premium Leather-Trimmed, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, 10-Way Power Driver Seat with Power Lumbar Support & 6-Way Power Passenger Seat
- Heated Rear Seats (very popular)
- Power Rear Window Sunshade (the kids thought this was awesome!)
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ Compass and Homelink
- (3) 12V Aux Power Outlets – this should be standard on all cars these days!
- Entune Prem JBL Audio w/Nav & App Suite: r Touch-Screen, AM/FM/CD, 11 J BL Spkrs, Aux/USB, Bluetooth, Entune App Suite, HD Radio, SXM Radio w/3-Month Trial, & Backup Camera Display
These were just the items we were impressed with, you should visit your Toyota dealer to find out more – seriously, it’s a neat car!