We love potatoes and so we took the opportunity to try Rooster potatoes from Albert Bartlett very seriously. We paired a very simple recipe from their website with a family favorite – fried chicken!
The Rooster potato starts pink, but bakes golden brown, with a light yellow fluffy flesh and best of all, Rooster potatoes hit the shelves Nov 11th (that’s today) – at Walmart stores nationwide
Some more potato fun facts:
More Potassium than Bananas!A medium-sized potato contains 18% of the recommended daily value of potassium – essential for maintaining proper muscle function.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Cholesterol Free, Fat Free, Vegan.
A Great Antioxidant – Potatoes have one of the highest overall antioxidant activity among vegetables. Antioxidants protect key cell components by neutralizing the damaging effects of “free radicals.” Potatoes also contain glutathione, an antioxidant that may help protect against some cancers.
Roasted Rosemary Roosters. While that’s hard to say that 10 times fast, this recipe is easy to prepare, and even easier to enjoy. So preheat that oven and prepare your taste buds for a savory sensation. I hope you enjoyed cooking & tasting the Roosters yourself!
Roasted Rosemary Rooster Potatoes (easiest EVER!)
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- There’s no need to peel the potatoes – just rinse and dry them before cutting them in half.
- Toss potatoes in a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary, salt & pepper
- Place on a tray and put on the middle shelf of the oven
- Turn half way through cooking.
- Cook around 30 minutes until golden brown and soft in the middle
- Do not allow to become too dark
- Serve and enjoy