Normally I try to keep this blog “parent friendly” but I would think even some of the Dad’s (and babies? 🙂 ) out there care about breasts. Yep, that’s what I’m talking about… shopping and being fitted for the right bra.
Yes, my “fit” was all wrong. But for that, you need to go have a fitting – it’s great and if you look for the “Fit for the Cure” page on their website, you can enter your zip code and find a fitting that not only helps you, but helps in the fight against breast cancer!
More fabulous tips I learned:
First, you should own at minimum 3 bras – and then rotate them.
Wash them less – let them air and “rest” more.
Make sure the straps fit to your shoulders (I was shocked at how tight mine were – not uncomfortable, just snug).
If you have the right size bra and none of the cups fit – don’t wear it. It’s probably not the right bra for you (look for puckering around the nipple – sorry had to get technical for a second there!)
If you’ve watched Oprah, you know that most of us wear the wrong bra. How wrong? Out of a roomful of women, only two of them turned out to correctly know their bra size. One because she’d just had a fitting and the other because she was just more in tune to this sort of thing.
According to their expert, Liz Smith – here are The Eight Bras Every Woman Needs
- One seamed bra
- One seamless, unlined bra
- One contour bra
- One strapless bra
- One T-Back or racerback bra
- A push-up or minimizing bra (depending on your figure type)
- One sport bra
- One drop dead sexy bra
More Bra facts:
- 8 out of 10 women wear the wrong sized bra
- A woman should be fitted once a year
- If you gain 5 – 7 lbs, your bra size will change
- It only takes 15 minutes to be fitted for a bra
- Most women wear their bras 1 – 1 ½ inches too big in the band and 1 cup size too small
- Every women should own 8 different bra styles in her wardrobe
- Her favorite bra should be in at least 2 different colors and she should have 3 bras in her favorite style and color
- The average woman has 27 bras in her lingerie draw and wears the same 2 bras repeatedly
- A woman needs 3 of her favorite bra, one should be worn, one in the wash and one in the drawer
- A bra should be worn once and then washed to extend her life
- After washing and wearing a bra 100 times she needs to be replaced