If you’re like our family and you’re trying to eat healthier and more organic, then I have a giveaway and an offer for you!
Door to Door Organics is a delivery service that brings a wonderful variety of the freshest organic fruits, vegetables and groceries direct to people’s homes, schools and workplaces all year long. Simply sign up for their produce box, and then you can add any number of things to your order from their shop tab.
You can also start your own co-op, which are organized groups of Door to Door customers that either save money or donate to charities by having their boxes delivered to the same location. Once you have 4 or more members, members receive a $3 discount off each box, or Door to Door Organics donates 10% of the box price.
This week I’m going to feature some yummy recipes made from the Bitty Box that I received. There are so many yummy things I had a hard time choosing recipes, but the one at the end was one of our family favorites.
Door to Door Organics’ goal is to make it easy to eat healthfully while feeling good about supporting sustainable food systems, and offer organic produce that is reasonably priced and locally-grown whenever possible.
Get our discount here:
Denver Parent is offering a 40% discount off an Itty Bitty Box, using the discount code “denverparent” when ordering from Door to Door Organics’ Web site.
Denver Parent is giving away an Itty Bitty Box (a $24.99 value).
To enter, answer “What are you doing to incorporate more healthy eating habits into your life?” in the comments below.
Your entry will be picked from random.org (I number the comments and will select a winner from that list). The winner will be drawn Monday, October 10 at 5pm.
If you have a chance:
I wish I could take credit for this recipe – but as usual I got it off my favorite recipe site All Recipes! I love All Recipes because they rate the recipes and people make comments and suggestions. If you have a ton of zucchini from the summer this is a yummy recipe and my kids liked it – which is one more step toward healthy eating in our family! Oh, and the pictures are my results! 🙂 Door to door Organics has some yummy recipes in their new kitchen too!
- 2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch half moons
- 2 cups quartered ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Place in preheated oven. Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly golden, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and basil.