Jeweler’s Mutual is offering these fantastic earrings just in time as a nice “do something for yourself” break from your holiday shopping!
Many of us plan to travel this holiday season and if you’re like me, the one thing you don’t think about are potential pitfalls like losing your jewelry (or having it damaged or stolen) on a vacation.
However, this could be a huge downer to a busy holiday travel season and potentially ruin an otherwise fabulous time!!
Here are a few great tips from “Perfect Circle” by ” Jewelers Mutual Insurance company to give you some comfort while you travel:
- Choose wisely. Pack light and take only the jewelry you’ll wear while traveling and at your destination. The 4-carat diamond ring you save for special occasions? Probably not. The pearls that go with everything? Definitely.
- Make a list. List all the jewelry you’ll take with you. Make two copies. Take one copy with you and store it separately from your jewelry. Leave the other copy at home. Also helpful: take pictures or a video of your jewelry.
- Carry it on. Never put jewelry in checked baggage. Instead, wear it or stow it in your carry on bag. If you wear it, take extra care by slipping a pendant inside a sweater or turning your ring so only the band shows.
- Keep it with you. Put your jewelry in a favorite bag you’ll carry while traveling. Don’t leave your jewelry in an unattended car or suitcase. When checking into your hotel or condo, don’t hand your jewelry bag to hotel staff. Carry it personally.
- Use the safe. Always store jewelry in the in-room safe when you’re not wearing it.
- Insure your jewerly. Jewelers Mutual can insure your personal jewelry against loss, damage, theft and mysterious disappearance wherever your travels take you, worldwide.
On that last bullet point…why insure? Because, typically for less than the cost of a dinner out, you can insure your valuables each year with Jewelers Mutual against:
- Accidental Loss
- Mysterious Disappearance.
Repair or replace without any explanation needed. NONE. Jewelers Mutual will replace the item with an exact duplicate at its full value.
Visit www.insureyourjewelry.com to obtain a free quote using the appraised or suggested value of the jewelry to be insured. While online, apply and purchase a policy in just 10 minutes.
After all that great information, it’s time to enter to WIN a pair of Toby Pomeroy EcoSilver earrings!!
TOBY POMEROY’s vision is to be a catalyst in the transformation of the jewelry industry into a socially and environmentally sustainable enterprise by creating jewelry from responsibly mined and processed metals and gems, and to promote the world-changing benefits of transparent ethical sourcing.
Jewelers Mutual is giving Denver Parent readers a pair of 38mm reclaimed EcoSilver, wire hand-forged and textured earrings! Made from one continuous EcoSilver wire, these had forged hoops are textured on the front and smooth on the back. Light weight, comfortable, durable (earrings are pictured above).
To enter, just tell us in the comments area where you’re traveling this holiday season (or if you’re not traveling, where you’d like to!)!!
Giveaway ends 12/15 at noon MST.
CONGRATS to Jennifer P – Vicki Vix on Rafflecopter – thanks to all who participated! This was a great contest!