The much-anticipated Cherry Creek North Sidewalk Sale returns later this month on July 21 – 24, 2011, where nearly 70 merchants participate in this annual tradition that provides some of the year’s best values. In addition to being the hottest spot in town for the best deals, there is a new twist this year. On Saturday, July 23, Cherry Creek North will become an extension of the popular “Lemonade Day,” and the streets will be filled with dozens of young entrepreneurs running their own lemonade stands.
There are a limited number of spaces left for kids that still want to participate in this fun event and run their own small business in Cherry Creek North for a day. Applications are online at www.cherrycreeknorth.com.
Sidewalk Sale Thursday, July 21 – Sunday, July 24, 2011:
Thurs-Sat: 10 am – 6 pm; Sun: 10 am – 5 pm (some stores may vary)
Youth-operated Lemonade Stands Saturday, July 23: Sat: 10 am – 2 pm
What is Lemonade day? Lemonade Day is Simple
- First, kids get a Lemonade Day Backpack that includes the fun and instructive Entrepreneur’s Workbook.
- 100 Kids will set up their Lemonade Stand in Cherry Creek North on July 23rd, 2011 during the Annual Sidewalk Sale. To apply click here. Hurry, space is limited to the first 100 applicants!
- Then on the next Lemonade day July 23rd, each kid will set up their lemonade stand at the Cherry Creek North Side Walk Sale, selling lemonade to the community.
- Finally, and best of all, kids keep what they earn!
- Lemonade Day involves the entire community.
- We seek out Partners (such as Youth Organizations, Schools, Churchs and Businesses) to register kids for Lemonade Day and distribute backpacks.
- We need Volunteers to stuff backpacks (great community project for High School and College Students) and distribute the backpacks to our community sponsors and partners.
- We need Sponsors and Donors to help with the costs.
- And we need Thirsty Customers to buy lemonade on Lemonade Day.
As the kids are having fun experimenting with lemonade recipes, designing and crafting a lemonade stand and selling lemonade to friends and neighbors, they are learning important life lessons that they can utilize throughout their life.